The Fokker C.XIV was ordered in 1938 by the RNlNAS as a successor of C. VIIw.
Early 1940, all 24 ordered aircraft were delivered and operational.
They were used mainly as scout and trainer, and had actually already been outdated could not be used as a fighter because of the light armament.
On May 11, 1940 naval air base De Mok at Texel, where ten Fokkers C.XIVw were stationed, was attacked and four aircraft were lost and the next day during a second attack another five aircraft.
On May 14 was the last loss by the bombardment of the hangar.
At naval air station Veere, where four aircraft were stationed, were on May 12, 1940 two Fokkers XIVw were lost due to German attacks.
On May 14, 1940 it was commissioned that naval personnel should evacuate with flying equipment to France, so the last two C.XIVws at Veere and the ten C.XIVws based at the Alkmaardermeer flew to France and next to England.
Eleven of these aircraft were shipped to the Dutch East Indies, and one remained in England to be used as a target tug.
During the Japanese invasions of the Dutch East Indies all C.XIVws were destroyed at naval air station Morokrembangan.